That could only mean one thing: salsa party!
My favorite salsa is ridiculously easy – it literally takes five minutes, can be canned or frozen for later use, and tastes great as part of a recipe or just with chips. Click “continue reading” to see the recipe!
- 15 medium sized tomatillos (Tomatillos are a relative of the tomato plant that is firmer and meatier and has more of a tangy flavor.)
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 4 small (or 2 medium/large) jalapenos, cored and de-seeded
- 1 avocado
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Peel your tomatillos, quarter them, and place in food processor.
- Add all other ingredients to food processor.
- Pulse until well combined and reaches a salsa texture.
Once combined, your salsa will stay fresh for about a week in the fridge or you can freeze/can it for future use. I kept about half of mine to eat fresh, and then the rest I froze and will combine with a can of cream of chicken soup sometime in the future to make a quick and easy chicken enchilada sauce.
What’s your favorite salsa recipe?